There are number of sources which can be used to communicate with each other but all of them are not reliable. Emailing is the most reliable means of communication and by making use of emails we can communicate with the person anywhere in the world. Thus Microsoft developed a reliable mailing tool called MS Outlook which is highly preferred by most of the people for the fastest means of communication.
Outlook comes with different version like 2000, 2003, 2007 and Outlook 2010. This email client allows the user to create several folders and set rules as per their needs. Outlook items like inbox, drafts, contacts, tasks, notes, journal entries, appointments, events etc. are saved in a separate file called PST. PST stands for Personal storage table which stores all the Outlook items and the size of this file varies for different versions.
There are instances where this PST file gets corrupted and Outlook stop working so there is a need to repair Outlook inbox, contacts, tasks and other attributes of Outlook stored in this PST file and are lost if this file is corrupted. This can be done by making use of inbuilt inbox repair tool called Scanpst.exe but this tool will not work if the PST file is severely damaged. Here are some more causes which can corrupt your PST file and you may end up losing your important data stored in it.
Reasons for PST file corruption:
- Power failure occurring when you are working on your Outlook causes corruption of PST file leading to loss of file.
- Software conflicts while saving task or drafts can corrupt PST file resulting in data loss.
- Sharing of PST file over a network which is not secure like internet, LAN or any other is the other main reason which might corrupt the file resulting in loss of file.
- Corruption of PST file header as a result of virus attack also results in data loss.
- Improper exiting of MS Outlook when the PST file is still being used.
So to overcome these scenarios there are some precautions which are listed below just have a look:
- After the work is completed close the Outlook properly.
- Updated antivirus software must be used to avoid virus intrusion on the PST file containing important data.
- Keep proper backup of valuable data.
- Power source used should be reliable so that abrupt shut down of the system can be avoided.
In case still you face data loss due to PST file corruption the only option left is to use PST file repair tool which can effectively repair Outlook 2007, 2010 including earlier version of Microsoft Outlook. This tool can repair highly compressed and password protected PST file and recover lost inbox, drafts, contacts etc. This software also helps the user to recover the emails which are accidentally deleted from “Deleted Items” folders just in few mouse clicks.
Download the demo version of the software and set the installation on the hard drive of your computer. Now run the PST file repair program and choose appropriate repair options which you get while working with the software. Once you are done with the file repair process you can examine the performance of the software. In case you are satisfied with the performance you can opt for the full version of the software available on the web.