MS Outlook is an efficient and most popular application that serves as email client on Microsoft Windows OS. Outlook provides the users with outstanding features that are very user friendly. One can easily access the mail account details of Outlook profile in offline mode i.e. with no internet connection. All the data of the Outlook mail account will be stored as single PST file on the system hard drive. And the OST file holds all Outlook data like emails, journals, contacts, folders, calendar, tasks, etc.
Outlook data gets stored on the system hard drive with file extension .pst or .ost i.e. Personal Storage Table and Offline Storage Table. And this data can be lost as a result of various factors. In most cases data loss will be because of virus attack that leads to file corruption. If the file is corrupted then the file data cannot be accessed hence there occurs data loss. But if you posses any backup of the required Outlook data files then you need not worry because the data can be recovered using any recovery software. And what if you do not have any backup? Then the data is definitely lost.
Assume that you accidentally formatted the system hard drive in which the Outlook OST file was stored. And you had no backup of any data. So now you have lost very important data. In this situation if you had backup data it would be so helpful. Now to recover emails from OST file that is been lost you need to make use of third party recovery programs. The many other scenarios that will cause data loss like emails from Outlook OST files are mentioned here:
- Accidental deletion of mails from deleted items – When you delete any mail or data from Outlook file objects, that data will be stored in Deleted Item folder which helps you restore back the deleted data again whenever necessary. If you delete all the data from this folder then the data is deleted such that the OS will lose access to the data. Thus accidental deletion of all the data from this folder might cause loss of some important data.
- Improper internet connectivity – During file or data transfer from Outlook, if the internet connectivity is incorrect then the data file might get corrupt.
- Virus attack – The incoming mails in Outlook might be virus infected sometimes and if antivirus program on your system is not working efficiently then the virus infected mail may corrupt the complete OST file and thus you lose data.
- Power supply – During data synchronization if there is sudden power surge to the system then the file might get corrupt and thus you will end up in data loss.
If you have faced any above mentioned situations then repair Outlook OST file to fix the issue. If you successfully fix OST file that is been corrupt or damaged then you can easily recover and access the lost data.
Here you can go through the key features of this software program –
- This tool easily recovers all attributes of the OST file including emails, contacts, journals, tasks, calendar, etc.
- The utility repairs the corrupt OST files of various Outlook versions like Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2003.
- It can repair highly damaged OST files that are encrypted or password protected.
- Easily recovers all attributes of damaged or inaccessible or corrupt OST files.
The software efficiently works on Windows 2003, 2008, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Vista operating systems. In case if you have lost emails from your Outlook OST file then try using this utility that will fix OST file and helps to restore the lost emails. The software is available for trial so that you will know the software effectiveness before you can purchase the actual software. Download the trial version here and make better utilization of it.