Windows 8 is the latest Operating System widely used by all around world. There is an advanced feature known as System Restore on Microsoft Windows OS, which help you to revert computer state to previous point f time when your computer was working. Windows Restore automatically creates a time point when you install or make change on your computer.
There may be some misshapen may occur due to which you may face some difficulty in performance of computer. To get rid of such situation you can use system restore option, which will take you back to previous setting and profiles. While using these features you may be asked a time to which you want to restore. You should chose a time from list of times, it’s better to choose those time, which you have remember and in which timestamp computer was working fine.
Sometimes, the installation of software or a driver may lead to an unexpected change to your system or cause Windows to behave unpredictably. Generally uninstalling the application or driver corrects the problem. If after uninstalling recently installed programs, doesn’t fix the problem, then you can try restoring your computer’s system to an earlier date when everything worked correctly.
Restore points records the settings of your system at a point which you know when it was working well. If there is something goes wrong with your system you can roll back to that point, and everything should be okay. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove or reconfigure recently updated or installed programs and drivers to get rid of problem.
Steps for fixing System Restore to a previous restore point:
System Restore operation will take some time and during this time you will not be able to work on system.
- If your laptop is install with Windows 8 OS open search option y holding Windows key + Q.
- Now type “Recovery” on search box and click on Setting bar on the right hand side.
- Choose Recovery icon
- There are three options available to create, open and configure restore point.
- You need to choose “Open System Restore” to restore system n previous date.
- Now in the screen there will be two option “Recommended Restore” and “Choose Different Restore point”.
- Recommended Restore holds most recent change done by you or automatic software installation. If you want to restore this latest modification then click on “Next” and “Finish” After this it will take few minute including restarting of your system. Now your PC has been roll backed.
- Alternatively if you want to restore more Older restore point then click on “Choose a different restore point” and click “Next”.
- You will get a list of available restore point at various instances. Select One of these which you want and click “Next” and “Finish”. Your PSC will rolled back now.
Now you can see your PC is working fine and performing smoothly like before.